Reading Bakery Systems, suppliers of continuous dough mixers for customers in the UK and around the world, offers Continuous Mixers that will give you tighter control over your entire mixing process and help you produce higher quality products.
Reading Bakery Systems, headquartered in Robesonia, Pennsylvania, relies upon more than 120 years of commercial baking experience to design and engineer state-of-the-art baking solutions to meet your production needs.
Exact Mixing – our principal mixer brand – is the global leader in continuous mixing technology and has made us an industry leader in the pretzel, baked snack, sweet goods, pet treat, bread and bun, pizza, tortilla, cookie and cracker industries.
Comparison of Batch and Continuous Mixing
- Bulk delivery of materials: The systems used to deliver bulk materials to the mixer are the same for batch and continuous mixing but the addition of raw materials to a Continuous Mixer is more accurate than with a batch mixer in nearly every case.
- Measuring of materials into the mixer: Manufacturers often need extra weighing equipment and controls to get the right-sized batches of ingredients to the batch mixer. With a continuous mixer, all metering is done directly at the mixer, leading to greater automation, better accuracy, and cost savings in the long term.
- Mixing: Continuous Mixing eliminates dough variations associated with batch cycles and produces a consistent product all day, every day. At the lowest production rates (500-1500 pounds per hour), batch mixing is slightly less expensive. Continuous Mixing, however, is less expensive at higher rates, and the savings grow as production rates increase.
- Dough leaves mixer in usable size loaves: Batch mixers create large “batches” of dough, and extra equipment is needed to resize them. This can cause time delays and unnecessary contamination from exposure to the environment. Continuous mixers produce a constant stream of dough that can be sliced automatically into loaves by the mixer.
Exact Mixing Continuous Mixer Models
- The Exact Mixing MX Continuous Mixer is our most versatile mixer and is suitable for a wide range of products including pizza, cookies, snacks, batters, icings, and pastes.
- The Exact Mixing HDX or High Development Continuous Mixer is well-suited to buns, breads, rolls, English muffins, tortillas, and other ultra-high-absorption products.
- The Exact Mixing EX Continuous Mixer uniformly mixes products with a variety of dough moisture levels and is ideal for gentle kneading of low-absorption doughs for cookies, crackers, pretzels and bagels, as well as high-absorption doughs for bread, buns and pizza.
- For hydroscopic powders and other low moisture mixtures, consider the Exact Mixing FX Continuous Mixer. The high-intensity mixer can be used for potato-, corn- and rice-based products and specialty baked snacks, such as fabricated potato chips.
- If your product line includes cookies or other products that require a two-stage mixing process, the Exact Mixing LDX Continuous Mixer is the perfect solution.
Producing large quantities of consistent dough can be a challenge. Continuous dough mixer suppliers, such as Reading Bakery Systems, can help your commercial bakery in the UK produce uniform dough and a better-quality finished product. Contact our European Sales Manager, Joe Pocevicius, at +31-615-510-789, our USA headquarters at (01) 610-693-5816, or click here to find out more about our products.