Reading Bakery Systems is a global leader in the snack food industry, manufacturing technologically advanced industrial bakery equipment for pretzels as well as for the biscuit, cookie, cracker, baked snack and pet treat industries.
Reading Bakery Systems (RBS) is headquartered in Robesonia, Pennsylvania, at the center of pretzel production in the U.S. Our predecessor, Reading Pretzel Machinery Corp., manufactured the first pretzel-processing equipment in 1947 and grew into the world leader in high-speed, automatic commercial pretzel equipment.By 1997, over 80% of pretzels produced in the U.S. were made on Reading equipment.
Decades of innovation have led RBS to introduce low pressure extruders, ultrasonic cutters, hot cookers, 2-pass baking systems, variable heat-flux ovens and multi-pass dryers. Today, pretzels can be made on highly automated equipment that can produce several thousand pounds of pretzels per hour.
Pretzel equipment includes:
- Reading Pretzel Low Pressure (LP) Extruder: Create a variety of structural, flat and filled extruded hard pretzel shapes, sticks, braids, and other products on one production line with this flexible alternative to conventional dough forming and sheeting systems. It has been completely redesigned to improve safety, efficiency and ease of cleaning.
- Reading Pretzel Guillotine Cutter: The single-blade machine cuts products before or after baking, and can create a pretzel as short as one inch (25 mm) at the press of a button. It can be operated continuously at up to 175 cuts per minute or on a cycle mode at speeds up to 50 cuts per minute. The cutter can be built as a standalone machine or integrated into an existing production frame and control system.
- Omega Dispensers: Uniformly apply topping materials by means of rotating rolls for application of pretzel salt, poppy seeds and sesame seeds, dispensing screens for delivering fine-grain spices and cinnamon, and vibrating trays that dispense toppings such as caraway seeds, nut pieces and seed/spice mixes.
- Reading Pretzel Automatic Hot Pretzel Cooker: This automatically controlled cooker evenly cooks pretzels and pretzel-type products and is an integral component of our pretzel processing system. It utilizes a bath or waterfall system to apply caustic solution, providing greater control over product texture and color before baking. A pinroll driven, stainless steel conveyor belt ensures consistent product transfer from the proofing conveyor to the tunnel oven.
- Reading Pretzel SPECTRUM OVEN®: This extremely flexible platform is available in a number of configurations with different heat transfer modules that allow for greater product variation with a simple profile adjustment. Radiation, convection heating and conduction zones give you repeatable control of time, temperature, humidity and the type of heat transfer. The system has a high standard capability of 400-1000 kg/hr.
This state-of-the-art equipment from Reading Bakery Systems will help you efficiently and cost-effectively meet your production demands. Call us at (01) 610-693-5816 to learn more about our industrial bakery equipment for manufacturing pretzels and our other innovative commercial baking equipment, or click here to contact us online.