Interested in improving dough hydration during the mixing process in your production lines? No matter which snack food product you manufacture, Reading Bakery Systems can help you improve consistency and simplify your process.
Headquartered in Robesonia, Pennsylvania, Reading Bakery Systems puts more than 120 years of commercial baking experience to use to design and engineer innovative solutions that meet your production needs.
Our primary mixer brand – Exact Mixing – is the global leader in continuous mixing technology and has made us an industry leader in the pretzel, baked snack, sweet goods, pet treat, bread and bun, pizza, tortilla, cookie and cracker industries.
While batch mixing has been the most common mixing method for many years, it can be imprecise and lead to variations in dough. Even if the dough is perfect when it leaves the batch mixer, changes often occur to the dough while it waits to be processed (known as the “batch cycle”).
Continuous Mixing solves these problems. It continuously meters ingredients directly into the mixing chamber to generate a continuous stream of mixed product at the exit of the mixer. The mixing can be done in stages to ensure that all ingredients are properly incorporated.
The advantages include:
- Even dough hydration
- Consistently dispersed ingredients
- No undesirable variations from batch to batch
- High production rates with one mixer
- Recipe control and repeatability
- Automated process that eliminates chances of dough contamination
- Elimination of mixer loading errors
- Requires less labor and energy than batch mixing
Exact Mixing Continuous Mixer models include:
- Exact Mixing MX Continuous Mixer is our most versatile mixer and is suitable for a wide range of products including pizza, cookies, snacks, batters, icings, and pastes. (Dough production rates from 500-6,000 kg/hour.)
- Exact Mixing EX Continuous Mixer is an excellent choice for low-absorption, stiff, wheat-based doughs, such as crackers, pretzels, bagels, sweet goods and pet treats. (Dough production rates from 100 to 10,000 kg/hour.)
- Exact Mixing HDX Continuous Mixer is well-suited to ultra-high absorption doughs for buns, breads, rolls, English muffins or tortillas. (Dough production rates from 1,500-10,000 kg/hour.)
- Exact Mixing FX Continuous Mixer is a high-intensity mixer that can be used to produce potato-, corn- and rice-based products and specialty baked snacks, such as fabricated potato chips. (Dough production rates from 100 to 1,250 kg/hour.)
- Exact Mixing LDX Continuous Mixer is ideal for most types of cookies and any application where ingredients are blended before the flour is added. (Dough production rates up to 9,000 kg/hour.)
Test Our Continuous Mixers
To find out how continuous mixing can help improve your mixing process, we invite you to visit our Science & Innovation Center where you can see your products being mixed in a continuous process and test our latest new equipment and processing techniques.
Our innovative spirit is on full display at this 30,000 square foot Center, where we demonstrate solutions for our customers and partner with them to look for new product and equipment solutions.
When improving dough hydration during your mixing process is important, consider incorporating high-quality Exact Mixing equipment in your bakery production lines. Call Reading Bakery Systems at (01) 610-693-5816 or click here to contact us online to learn more.