The Thomas L. Green Vertical Spindle Mixer is a proven and efficient solution for mixing fermented or unfermented biscuit and cracker dough. For over 100 years, this mixing platform has performed day in and day out for the baking industry.
Recently, we performed a complete re-design of the classic Thomas L. Green Spindle Mixer. The Mixer now has three independent commercially available gearboxes, one for each vertical spindle, hardened ways for the vertical movement of the mixing head, guarding that meets ISO standards, easier cleaning, improved structural rigidity, and more modern styling and appearance. For existing applications, the re-designed Spindle Mixer works with your existing Thomas L. Green dough troughs. For new applications, a higher capacity mixer is available.
Thomas L. Green Spindle Mixers are completely PLC controlled and include an integrated control panel. A touch screen operator interface is mounted on the front of the mixer for easy operator control. All mixer functions are controlled from one location, including mixing head movement, paddle operation and mix time.
New Standard Features
- Mixing paddles are configurable for different products and mixing actions.
- Our new High Torque Cone Drive System is rated for greater capacities- up to 2200 lbs.
- Smooth Linear Way Head Raising System
- Each mixing spindle is supported on spherical roller bearings.
- Safety interlocked guarding system is designed for excellent visibility
- Greater accessibility for maintenance
- Mixers are shipped 90% assembled for quicker installation
- The mixer framework can be designed to support ingredient handling components above the mixer.
- High strength 17-4PH Stainless Steel Paddles and Spindle Shafts
- Complete stainless steel construction is available
- Automated trough locking and detection device
- Dough Ejecting Device
- Dough Load Monitoring System
- Dough Temperature Monitoring System