Current Open Positions
We are currently seeking a controls/automation engineer. Duties would include electrical design work, PLC programming, and field startup support (domestic and international). The position would be located at the Reading Bakery System headquarters, outside of Reading, PA. Travel is required on project startups which is both domestic and international.
- Design and program machine control systems using PLC/HMI solutions
- Simulate, test, and debug machine control systems in house
- Check out and commission systems at the end user facilities
- Create unique customer focused solutions and programs
- Provide continuing system technical support over the phone or on-site
- Coordinate with customers, vendors, and colleagues to solve automation challenges
- Maintain project timelines and budgets
- Produce design documents and specifications
- Size and select equipment including variable frequency drives, servos, power supplies, sensors, switches, motors, and other control devices for machines
We are seeking candidates who have a minimum of 2 to 4 years of electrical experience.
Qualified candidates must have the ability to assemble, wire, interpret engineering design drawings, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and technical literature.
Candidates should have knowledge and work experience with motor controls, variable frequency drives and PLCs.
Reading Bakery Systems is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, policies, practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws (spec. Executive Orders 11246 plus amendments and Executive Order 11758 and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974. Reading Bakery Systems will not engage in, or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) regarding a persons sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap or disability or any other protected group or status. We comply with ADA, having a full library of job-descriptions and all employment physicals are performed post-employment-offer.