Features & Specifications
Reading Bakery Systems offers a Baked Chip System to create fabricated chips from potato and other types of doughs.
Due to the sensitive nature of the baked potato chip dough, thus system uses the Exact FX Continuous Mixing System. The FX mixer was developed specifically for this process. It automatically distributes small amounts of moisture evenly into large amounts of powder, a process that is particularly well suited to the hydroscopic powders that are used to make these types of snacks. Minimal time between mixing and baking is critical for consistent thin, crisp production.
The Baked Chip System, also includes a 2-Sheeter, Optional Rippled Gauge Roll, Rotary Cutting Station, and SPECTRUM OVEN® and Dryer System.
The single-pass SPECTRUM OVEN® is a proven convection baking system suitable for balanced baking and developing interesting textures in crisp products. Products are baked on an open mesh; as an option, the oven can be supplied with a “wavy belt” to impart a curl to the product to provide improved bag-fill. An optional Multi-Pass Dryer provides faster oven speeds, greater production throughput, and more process control.
These modular systems can produce between 250-1000 kg/hr of finished product. The production volume depends on the number of oven sections after the dough sheeting equipment; throughput capacity increases as oven zones are added.
Click the links below to learn more about available equipment for this system.
We understand the increasing demands you face to ensure safety, sanitation and compliance. Our SafeShield Program combines cutting-edge design and manufacturing practices with a firm commitment to safety and sanitation.
SafeShield Program highlights:
- Optimize bakery equipment to meet or exceed standards for safety and sanitation
- Guard only what is necessary to maximize operator safety while minimizing potential harborages and un-cleanable areas
- Use automation to reduce employee interaction, improve safety and reduce potential for contamination of food
- Ensure equipment that contacts food can be easily and thoroughly cleaned and sanitized
- Select materials that pose the lowest risk for product contamination